Saturday, June 6, 2009

Errant Controls - Preface


Control: what life is all about, all I've ever known.

I'm old for a Gamer, nearly twenty. And now, I doubt I’ll ever live to see twenty-one. My fear’s complicated, but really boils down to whether I’ll qualify for my next ding and, as a result of my possible upgrade, what I’ve discovered about our games.

Soon, I’ll be faced with three equally ugly choices: become a game and program developer like those who were upgraded before me, remain a Grinder at the controls… or find a way of escape. And, that last choice? Probably gonna place me inside one of our games as an enemy to the other Gamers. I’ll most likely get pwned by some eight-year-old noob trying to reach his next level.

Any way this tracks, I don't see a satisfying end. So while I have the chance, I'm recording as much as I can and maybe what I've put down will be helpful later. At this point though I'm not sure what peeps might get this, you might even be a non-gamer so I will try and be careful with my wordage.

What follows is a run-down on how I got to this point, I'll let you know when I get to the present, when ever that happens I will give real time updates.

And then? I'll just have to play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment