Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chapter Two - Part 4


"I'm not sure what your even talking about!" I understood that whatever I said would have to be carefully selected, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was keeping my options open.

I was wishing I could do what Kilo was doing, saying one thing, but with his mouth appearing to say something else. "I'm... this is all I've ever known Kilo." I was being very careful not to glance at the camera again, this was all too hard.

"Here..." Kilo said he turned slightly to his right to place his body between what he was doing and the camera behind him that was aimed at me, the one that still showed "on", on the led. He manipulated his com-link for a moment and the led light went off. "There... we will have about three minutes of black out, we can say what we want and not worry about lip readers." He wasn't doing the mouth thing anymore.

"Man... you tell me I'm your brother... you tell me about an option for an escape that I don't think I even want, and you tell me you have been down playing my stats to your Flusher buddies to set me up for all this. What are you doing to me 'Big Brother', are you trying to ruin me?"

He smiled and said, "Our Mom was Christian and she told me Dad was too, and was killed in the resistance before you were born... there is another world out there that we... you, may need to be part of. If you don't want it fine, everything and more will be restored to you... no problem, but at some point you won't see me anymore."

Kilo had a look on his face I had never seen on anybody, I couldn't tell what it meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment