Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chapter Two - Part 3


"My fellow Flushers know that I present to you options for escape and that I represent myself to you as though your my little brother this is a common tactic."

We were in the same small room for breakfast before my shift, Kilo contacted me early so we would have more time before my deployment.

The red led "on" light was still "out" on the camera viewing Kilo's chair. And I was still struggling with the oddity of his manner of speaking and I learned to just focus on his eyes as I listened, and ignore the disparity of his mouth movements.

He continued, "This is what we do Kid. We gain the confidence of someone we are sending out, by telling him or her that we are related. Siblings, cousins, nephew or something to tug at their heart. This is done when the Grinder is not quite Program Developer material because of his or her lack of intellect and when their reaction time begins to show lag time."

He stopped for an instant then said, "Gank... you really gotta pay attention!"

"I am... I heard everything, but my stats are stellar! Who knows how long it will be before I lag and my projections for strategic awareness..."

"I know but you are... really my brother, and because I wanted to give you the options to leave and be free of this, I have been playing down your capabilities and suggesting to everyone that your..."

"You've been what?"

"Don't get me killed here Kid. Everything that I've done can be easily set aside by me saying I've changed my opinion of you. But if you don't hold to character right now your gonna get us both in trouble."

I looked at the camera that was aimed at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment