Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chapter Two - Part 2


I struggled with his last comment, and the manner with which it was delivered, mouthing his words differently than what actually came out.

The "little brother", the surreal visual and audible disconnect, it was all too hard to take in. I came away from our "lunch/dinner" with way too much disjointed intel, and vague promises of more meetings.

I spent the remainder of my evening playing some mindless game... poker I think, on a little hand held, then turned in early.

Even though I was exhausted when I laid down, I was still spent when my wake up call came.

The first thing to hit me was his referrence to me as little brother... was it just a meaningless term or something more? In either case, it threw the rest of what he said into a jumbled mess that required continued juggling of bits, to make heads or tails out of it.

He said that our robots were destroying real people and robots of the enemy forces. These forces were a mixture of cultures in various parts of the world and usually were cultures of faith, although some of the skirmishes were with simple dissenters who fought against our system of government merely for the sake of some antiquated idea of freedom, and then alluded to a little more that he would tell me of later.

It was his hinting to the possibility of our, or at least my, "escape" from Game Qualifiers, that was hard for me to wrap my thinker around. "Escape", what for?

He said more info was to follow but so far what I've heard is too much for my brain to digest, especially when it feels force-fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment