Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chapter One - Part 5


I was about to go into my quarters when the intercom at my entry lit up, it was Kilo, "Gank... you there yet?"

I looked into the camera on the com and replied, "Is the camera broke?"

"I don't know, the display on my com link is blank... I just had your proximity detector alert me when someone showed at your doorway. Can you upload your stats and meet me in the Flusher lunch room?"

"Kilo... are you falling apart in your old age? You have my stats!" I gave a chuckle for effect.

"Man... why you harshin me? I've got your stats yeah... but I want you to see them on your com device as we discuss them, I'm buying dinner."

I didn't bother laughing at his lame joke about buying something that’s free, "Yeah, I'll be there in a few."

"You sound tired Kid."

"Boots are killing me."

"Well if your feet don't stink you can kick them off when you get here." That got a genuine laugh out of me, he knew I meant the recruits.

"Fine... yeah, see you in a bit." Man I did not want to do an interview... this one sounded more formal.

A Grinder never really knows where he or she stands in the Flusher system. Anytime on our com links we can access basic, gamer rankings, Kilo was wanting me to download my projective stats which includes much more and bring them along.

But as far as Monitor Functions Department of GM is concerned, there is no real way to manipulate your behavior to impress them, you never really know where you are, and what ever you choose to do, is simply guesswork. They like to refer to this as an organic real time relationship.

For whatever reason Kilo favored me, might be my stats, may be a result of my 'tude I've always flipped him since we first met, but he likes me, or at least he wants me to think he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment