Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chapter Three - Part 2


"Faith? Faith? What the hell are you talking about?"

He wiped his eyes and took another bite gesturing that I should eat also, he was right the food was better here.

He said, "Kid I know you have no faith in God now, but neither are you likely to gain any here. I can tell you what I know but I am going to leave at some point and..."

I interrupted him, "Dude... why should I even care about some superstition that can't even keep me alive?"

"I know... I know. You eat, let me talk, evidently I am the only one of us that can do both." He took another bite, "Gank, the math of it is, your dead either way, and, either way you have a super slim possibility of survival. Ultimately, this is where the issue of faith takes up."

He took another bite and I saw an opportunity, "But..."

He held up his free hand that held his plastic knife and said, "Right now I talk you listen and eat." I took my first bite of sausage.

He continued, "Hundreds of years ago some guy argued something along the line of... 'If there is the possibilty of living eternally, then you should bet your life on that. Because even if there is no eternal life you have lost nothing by believing so. But if there is... you have lost eternal life in betting your life against it.' Something like that."

He jammed a half slice of toast in his mouth and said, "We are here nothing more than a few minutes in comparison to eternity, the Bible says our lives a like a vapor."

He must have noticed my impatience because he seemed to jump to the point, "I have crunched the numbers for you Kid..." He pressed his comlink, it beeped and he said, "Look on your com."

No comments:

Post a Comment