Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chapter Two - Part 5


"You were six months old when we were taken..." Kilo looked at his comlink and looked back at me not changing his expression, "you never knew either parent, I knew both. Dad went missing a couple of months before you started getting big inside Mom."

He looked again at his com, "These things all happened in the infancy of the resistance and the beginning of the killing, we call it culling or weeding." He waved his hand with a smirk, "The murdering of the unwanted populace started in earnest just prior to you suiting up in your latest upgrade about a year ago."

"I mean it started 'officially'... Satan using peeps to kill peeps has been going on since there were peeps." He was smiling outright now and I could tell he was pleased with his phrasing.

"What are you getting at?" I was getting more frustrated.

"Dude... I am trying to tell you we are all dead... after we do their dirty work they are going kill us." He wasn't smiling anymore, he said, "I found out that when all this started... the wholesale slaughter, there was seven billion on the planet and they have mandated the goal to be five hundred million alive when its done."

He looked at me as though that should connect the dots, evidently he wasn't satisfied, "Even if I did not believe the things I do, it doesn't change the fact that hundreds of thousands a day are being turned into ground meat, and you and I do not fit into the category of 'keepers', once the job is done, so are we."

No comments:

Post a Comment