Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chapter Three - Part 7


"Transponders embedded in our bodies... some of us only have a few, others have several in case one goes down it triggers the next in sequence. This is done so that GM and the Flushers, can, at any time locate you... or me if they don't already know." He pulled his tray back in front of him and began picking at his frys, "When an escapee shows stationary for any length of time then we know that he is probably being cared for, and we mobilize."

"How many have I got?" It made a difference to me, I needed to know if escaping was an option... too many transponders and it would be out of the question.

"I am trying to find out... I know how many I have, they simply implanted ours. But yours were implanted when they put you and other Grinders under for dental work they may have embedded as few as three or as many as ten or more. As I said, I am trying to dig that up but it is classified, even from Flushers."

Did I even have an idea of how many was too many? "How is the target confirmed?"

"Now your thinking! The escapee not only goes stationary but usually he will loose two or three transponders in a row... it is then we know that the escapee is finding and destroying them. This is a dead give away that he has found sanctuary." Kilo took a bite of his burger and said, "None of my other brothers and sisters that I have sent out knew of any transponders, their lack of this intel got them Ganked. That by the way is how you got your nickname, your a one man gang kill, in that deployment they, the bad guys, were bugs from another planet, that is how they showed on you virtual visor."

I felt sick, I didn't feel like eating but Kilo said, "You better eat your chow... you know how we watch you."

No comments:

Post a Comment