Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chapter Three - Part 8


I had a few fries as he continued, "Kid, as I told you before, I have to make it look like we are on board with all this. Your first killing deployment happened on the hop to Rigel 7, you showed your colors as a fine Grinder. And I showed what good Flusher and strategist that I am, by orchestrating my fake sister escaping for that engagement, her placement near the presumed enemy encampments, and the deployment of your crew in the game and actual robots in the field, Grinder selection and strategic placement of you specifically... to show what you could do."

He paused and made sure I knew he was reading me, "Eat Gank."

Taking another bite of fries he said, "Rigel 7 turned out to be an encampment of believers yielding a body count of nearly three thousand and you pwned nearly half of those. As far as you knew you were playing your game in your control suit and they were alien bugs, you had no idea they were humans in Colorado... Keep eating the cameras could come on any time."

"You say this gave us great creds with GM?"

"You... yeah, your stats were great, but me especially... this showed them my abilities are within the top five percentile, but especially that I have no loyalty to our parents faith... they have no inkling that I believe in God." He reached for his burger and said, "Like I said, now they know we are both on board with this, knowing that I know you are really my brother. And they are certain that I am scheduling some sort of status change for you, either as an escapee or for GM." He took another bite.

"Real people... showing as bugs?"

The cameras came on.

"CG dude. All of it computer generated imaging to your visor. Proximity detectors triangulating through the different robots, gave the servers all they needed to re-image real life forms as any character in our games, human enemy soldiers from another era, alien bugs, whatever. Very easy to do when you think of it, and very easy to deploy... one of your best numbers is your not needing to spawn as much, you are very cost effective. You just don't use up as many robots. All of this served to set us both up with the best creds with GM and the Flushers to make our escape possible."

"I gotta get back to train my boots."

"Take your burger and eat on the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment