Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chapter Three - Part 6


I looked again at the cameras, "Man... I have seen you every day that I can remember, and to go a twenty-four hour stretch and not see you lurking somewhere was pretty odd."

"You will need to make up your mind at some point, and soon." His smile was gone, "You needed to think in terms that it might be me taking off. Soon one of us will go first, leaving the other behind."

"I don't know about this God thing." I looked in his face to try and read something there.

He replied, "Well as far as that goes I can tell you what I know, but that might not help too much and it is still a question of do you want to keep doing what you're doing now that you know? Now that you know the reality of this... this murder."

He pushed his tray aside, "Kid, the belief thing can happen after you escape or even before... that is really up to God and you, but we have such a small window of opportunity to get us out of here and that time frame is more definite."

"Okay well tell me... what is the value to the Flushers... to GM in sending out these escapees? What can be accomplished by someone who is allowed to escape?"

No comments:

Post a Comment