Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chapter Three - Part 4


I took the boots through several skirmishes that day and skipped lunch... just ate rations rather than risk another meeting with Kilo. I didn't want to talk to him for awhile, I already had too much to process.

My stats were much better through these training exercises than they usually were. I guess there is something good to be said for mindless activity while being mentally side-tracked.

I didn't see Kilo at dinner either, and then I hoped he was just giving me some space, and then began to worry a little when I didn't hear from him until after breakfast while beginning instructions with the younger boots... "You noobs do your homework?"

A bunch of growns went up, but it look like a couple might have studied and I made a mental note of them as I continued, "Okay, your obvious inability to take orders and instructions, mean I get to quiz you on what you know." This was followed by more groans but not as loud.

"You... name the types of sensors in the standard grind suit." I picked one of the few who looked confident.

The little red headed girl stood up and a little on the shaky side started, "There are four types of use sensors, and four types of med sensors."

"Good, sit down." She smiled and sat down, and then the door popped open at the far side of the gym, Kilo leaned his upper body in and looked at me and made an eating gesture and I mouthed "Now?" and he shook his head and mouthed "lunch".

By this time most of the kids had turned to see the Flusher at the door and just as quickly turned themselves around.

I looked at my com and I knew I had about four hours, Kilo liked eating late.

"The use sensors, class..." I made sure everyone was back on task, "in the G-suit are motion, g-force, touch... and what else?"

The same girl said, "impact."

"Correct, but lets raise our hands so we can give everyone a chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment